Our Privacy Commitment
Neither the Website nor any Services of Davidson’s are intended to be used by children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 is eligible to use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not: (1) use or provide any information about yourself on the Website, (2) on or through any of its features, register on the Website, or (3) attempt to make any purchases through the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us. Many of our products require you to be at least 18 or 21 years of age and if you enter into any online shopping transactions on the Website, you are representing to us that you are of legal age and have all necessary authority to enter into and bind yourself under any agreements made on the Website.
Information We Collect about You
In General. By visiting the Website or using our Services through the Website or otherwise, we may collect personal information about you including your name, your status (such as whether you are a customer, dealer or media professional), mailing address, email address, title or occupation and telephone number. The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the service or interaction that you have with us (see “Personal Information” below for details).
You may also visit the Website without identifying who you are or providing any personally identifiable information about yourself – that is information that specifically identifies a particular individual, such as name, address, or phone number. Many users of the Website will choose not to provide any personally identifiable information; therefore, those individuals are anonymous to us.
When you visit the Website, whether or not you provide personally identifiable information, the Website captures certain common technical information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit the Website, traffic patterns and usage data such as the pages you access, the address of the third-party website that directed you to our Website or the third-party website you visit when you leave our Website. Davidson’s uses this information to understand patterns of site activity, including aggregated user demographics, and to improve the website so it is more useful to you. Although Davidson’s does not use or maintain any type of network activity or device information in a manner that identifies you, or that relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you or your household, some of this information may qualify as “Personal Information” or “Personal Data” under applicable law.
Personal Information. In addition to the contact information described above, Davidson’s may collect other personal information depending on the nature of your interaction with Davidson’s through the Website or any Services, including but not limited to:
- If you are purchasing a product or service, your credit card number, expiration date and security code.
- If are entering a sweepstake, contest, giveaway or other promotion (each a “Promotion”), your age or birth date.
- If you are applying for employment, your work authorization information, visa status, desired salary, academic level, employment history including salary, and any other information you include on the resume you upload to the Website. You may also choose to provide optional information such as race, gender, and whether you are disabled or your Veteran status.
- If you are participating in a survey, we may ask your gender and age, income, ethnicity, family size and marital status.
- If you are sharing an article or page of the Website with a third party, the third-party email address will also be collected.
- If you are using a Service, information necessary to provide the Service you have requested.
Location Information. We may collect information about your location when you access or use the Website. We may collect information regarding your general location using your IP address. If you access or use the Website from a mobile device, we may collect more precise geolocation information from your mobile device. This information may be used to customize certain features of the Website and to provide you with location-based services. This information may also be used to send push notifications, which appear on the display of your mobile device in the form of a badge, alert or banner, and allow mobile applications to send information to your mobile device even when the application is not in use.
Use of Information Collected
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Davidson’s may transfer personal information to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Fulfilling a Business Purpose. Davidson’s may transfer personal information to third parties in order to carry out the purpose or purposes for which you provided the personal information and/or to comply with the laws and regulations governing the business practices of Davidson’s.
- Consultants and Service Providers. Davidson’s will disclose personal information to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance and remedial, repair services, mail delivery services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, order fulfillment and shipping, promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to the extent that they require access to the databases, or the personal information contained in our databases, to provide services to you on behalf of Davidson’s or to Davidson’s
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that Davidson’s is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Davidson’s is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the personal information Davidson’s collects will be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Third-Party Marketing. Davidson’s may share your personal information with third parties, such as the Federal Firearms License Dealer that you designate, in order to carry out the transaction or purpose for which you provided your personal information. Such third parties designated by you may use your Personal Information for their marketing purposes, and you should refer to their privacy policies and practices to understand and control their use of your Personal Information.
- Joint Promotion Partners. Davidson’s may conduct joint promotions with third parties. If you register for one of those joint promotions your information may be collected by both Davidson’s and the third party. Or, we may give you the option to have us share your information with the promotion partner. Your information will be used by us and/or by them as described in our respective posted privacy policies.
- As Otherwise Required or Allowed by Law. Davidson’s may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized or required by applicable law to do so.
We offer you certain choices about the information we collect, how we use and share information, and how we communicate with you. When you exercise these choices, in order to help protect your privacy, we may take certain steps to verify your identity, such as confirming your ability to verify your email address and certain account information. You also have the following specific opt-out choices:
Emails. You can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from Davidson’s (such as general marketing emails, rewards or promotional program emails, and customer surveys) by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Davidson’s, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Tools on Mobile Devices. You can control the tools on your mobile devices when you use the Website. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications. For more information on opting out on mobile devices, you may also visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. Davidson’s does not currently respond to DNT signals, but may do so in the future.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You may change certain of your personal information in your account online at any time. You may also request changes or corrections to your personal information and privacy preferences by writing us at:
6100 Wilkinson Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
You must describe the information in sufficient detail to allow us to locate that information in our records. We may not fulfill a request to change information if we believe the change would violate the law or a legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, some residual information may remain in back-ups, cached, archived or other historical databases. We reserve the right to refuse to modify information if we request proof of identity or authority and the appropriate proof of identity or authority is not provided to us. We do not have the ability to modify or remove third-party records.
Personal Information Removal
You may request that your personal information in your account be deleted under certain circumstances, provided Davidson’s does not have a legitimate or lawful purpose to retain it or is otherwise required by law to retain it. You may make your request by emailing our support team at: email@example.com. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. Such additional information will be used only for identity verification and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If such additional information is required and we are unable to contact you with the contact information you have provided, we may be unable to respond to your request. We will work to respond to your request within 45 days from the date of receipt of your request or of all information necessary to proceed with processing the request, as applicable. If you are an individual representing a Federal Firearms License Dealer doing business with Davidson’s, Inc., you may contact your account executive who will direct your request related to your personal information to our support team.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems, which are periodically reviewed and enhanced. We do not, however, guarantee that unauthorized or inadvertent disclosure will never occur.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. The personally identifiable information you provide to us when you establish an on-line account is protected in several ways. Access by you to your personally identifiable information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your personally identifiable information, whether provided to establish your on-line account or through other Services resides on a secure server that only selected Davidson’s, personnel and contractors have access to via password. We encrypt your personally identifiable information and thereby prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet beyond our control, that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed, and any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
For the purposes of the California resident policies in this section, personal information does not include information that is exempt from the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including personal information covered by other privacy laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act. In addition, if you have or had a business relationship with us, and provided personal information to Davidson’s in your capacity as an employee, owner, officer or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship or other business or agency (for example, as a representative of a Federal Firearms License Dealer), the CCPA may not apply to you or all of your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last 12 months:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, telephone number, physical address, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers, government issued identification or licensure, or other similar identifiers;
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law such as age and gender;
- Financial and commercial information such as credit card or bank account information, as well as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other network activity and/or device information such as information regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements, and geolocation data; and
- For business-to-business Services, professional or employment related information, which includes information necessary to conduct background screenings and/or federal firearms license verifications.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect the categories of personal information described above from the following categories of sources:
- Information provided by you – this includes, but is not limited to, personal information you submit when completing on-line account registration, making requests for information or services (including subscriptions), entering promotional giveaways, and from similar communications with Davidson’s;
- Information from third parties acting on your behalf – this includes information that is automatically collected from the Internet or other network activity regarding your interaction with the Website, applications, and advertisements; and
- Information from government entities from which public records are maintained and other publicly available sources and unaffiliated service providers, including data resellers.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We have used or disclosed the personal information collected for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes within the last 12 months (excluding uses or disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
- To conduct our business, including providing our products and services, and, where necessary, in order to assist us in verifying your identity;
- To fulfill and respond to your inquiries and requests, including providing you with support, investigating and addressing your concerns, monitoring and improving our responses, and to otherwise carry out the purposes for which you provided the information;
- For our marketing and promotional event services, including market data and research;
- To deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through the Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To perform in connection with your role, responsibilities, and/or status as an employee, owner, director, or officer of a Federal Firearm License Dealer;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our business and to respond, as necessary, to requests from regulators and law enforcement or as otherwise required by applicable law, regulation, court order, or similar demand; and
- As described to you when your personal information is collected or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We have disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for business purposes to the following categories of parties within the last 12 months (excluding disclosures we may be prohibited from reporting under applicable law):
- Affiliated entities of Davidson’s and unaffiliated service providers to help conduct our business; and
- Third parties to whom you direct or authorize us to disclose your personal information, independent of or in connection with products and services we provide to you.
We have also disclosed to our affiliates, service providers and other third parties certain categories of personal information such as identifiers, network activity and/or device information, which may be used for purposes other than strictly operational purposes of Davidson’s The purposes for which we have shared your information in this context are analytics and marketing, including marketing by third parties. To the extent such disclosure is considered a sale of information and is not an excepted business purpose under the CCPA, you have certain rights to opt out of such sharing of information as described below.
Your CCPA Data Rights
The CCPA provides California resident consumers with certain data rights with respect to the personal information businesses collect.
Right to Know
If you are a California resident consumer you have right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you, including the purpose of, and categories of third parties to whom, personal information was disclosed for a business purpose. To submit a request to know the categories of personal information we have collected or the specific pieces of information we have collected for the preceding 12 months, you may call us at 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
Right to Delete Personal Information
You also have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you unless an exception under the CCPA applies, or the deletion of such information is otherwise restricted or prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. To submit a request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you, you may call us at 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at: email@example.com. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request for access on your behalf.
CCPA Rights to Know and Delete Information Are Not Available for Certain Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in connection with you acting as a job applicant to or as an employee, director, officer, or contractor of Davidson’s. CCPA data rights are not available for personal information we collect about you in these contexts, including your emergency contact information and personal information that is necessary for us to retain to administer benefits for another person relating to you acting as a job applicant to or an employee, director, officer, or contractor of Davidson’s. Any personal information we collect and use under these circumstances will only be used within the context of your role or former role acting in such capacity.
Request Submission and Processing
We will work to confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and provide you with information on how we will process your request, including our verification process. We may ask you to provide additional information in order to verify your identity before proceeding with your request. Such additional information will be used only to verify your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. If additional information is required and we are unable to contact you with the contact information you have provided, we may be unable to respond to your request. We will work to respond to your request within 45 days from the date of receipt of your request or of all information necessary to proceed with processing the request, as applicable.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message.
A California resident consumer can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on the consumer’s behalf. An authorized agent is an individual or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that a consumer has authorized to act on his or her behalf. If an authorized agent submits a request under the CCPA on behalf of a California resident consumer, we may require (a) documentation verifying authorization by the consumer to make the request, and (b) that the consumer on whose behalf the request is being made verify his or her identity directly with Davidson’s.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice for California Residents or any of Davidson’s other privacy policies and practices, please call 1-800-537-2565 or email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors outside the United States